Steve Vickers, DCW Publisher
Drum Corps World will have a booth in the DCI MarketPlace on the lower level of Lucas Oil Stadium this week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We hope you will stop by and pick up a complimentary copy of our 32-page, two-section, all-color August 2009 edition.
It’s full of show coverage, features and a photo of every DCI World Class and Open Class corps fielding this season (with the exception of Music City because we didn’t have any photos by press time, our apologies) — plus most of the all-age corps . . . not to mention ALL the junior, all-age and foreign scores for shows that have been held since the July issue when to press on June 25. There is a special one-page supplement to the issue that has the latest scores from Wednesday, July 29, through Sunday, August 2, also available at the booth.
We are offering a special subscription price of $35.00 for NEW subscribers (U.S. price, similar discounts are available for Canada and overseas) who sign up at our booth this week, submit the order form through the mail or call Steve Vickers toll free at 1-800-554-9630 any time between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM Central time, seven days a week by October 30, 2009. This price is NOT available on our Web site, but anyone reading this article who is not attending DCI can call after August 10 to also get this price.
In addition to the complimentary copies of the August issue, the following items will also be available for sale . . .
• Subscriptions at $35.00 each (U.S.)
• 1967 American Legion/CYO Nationals DVD (18 junior and senior corps) — $100.00
• 1967 “Fantasy in Brass” Chicago indoor concert CD — $32.00
• 1971 VFW Nationals DVD (all 12 finalists) — $50.00
• 1972 DCI Championships DVD (8 finalists, plus 1971 Troopers) — $100.00
• 1974 DCA Carlisle, PA, contest (six corps) — $40.00
• “A History of Drum & Bugle Corps,” volume 2 (432 pages, 1,400 photos, hardcover) — $20.00
• Back issues of Drum Corps World from January 2009 through July 2009 — $1.00 each
Only a limited number of these items will be available in Indianapolis, but we have order blanks for each item listed above that you can pick up if we are sold out.
We will also be selling one-of-a-kind framed art, including . . .
• 10 different early-1980s Drum Corps World subscription advertisements — $35.00 each
• Three black and white photographs (27th Lancers, Bridgemen, Blue Stars) — $35.00 each
• An artist-signed copy of the 1997 DCI 25th anniversary commemorative poster — $90.00
• One 1977-1978 DCI poster — $40.00
• Two mid-1970s posters from McCormick’s Enterprises produced for their calendars by artist Paul Dexter — $35.00 each
Drum Corps World advertising sales coordinator Jeff Collins and his daughter Jodie will be on-hand. Randy Warner, who is working to establish the first junior drum and bugle corps in Las Vegas, will also be assisting us in the booth.
Please stop by and say hello!