compiled by Dave Scott, DCW staff
This listing originally appeared in the April 2008 edition of Drum Corps World (Volume 37, Number 1) that marked the 36th anniversary of the publication’s founding in the fall of 1971.
• Alliance, “The Hand of Fate”, music by James Newton Howard including selections from
• Brigadiers, “Reflextions: The Music of Sam R. Hazo”, Sevens, Echoes and Ride.
• Bushwackers, “Gypsodic”, music influenced by: Boban Markovic, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Kocani
Orchestra, La Mystere des Voix Bulgares and Rabih Abou-Khalil.
• Chops, Inc., “My Pet Rock Wore Platform Shoes”, Never Been Any Reason by Head East,
Free Ride by the Edgar Winter Group, Brand New Key by Melanie, Without You by Harry
Nilsson, Romeo and Juliet by Sha Na Na and Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting by Elton
• Connecticut Hurricanes, “Billy the Kid” by Aaron Copland, Shenandoah by Frank Skinner,
They Call the Wind Mariah by Frederick Loewe, Hoedown from “Rodeo” by Aaron Copland
and Magnificent Seven by Elmer Bernstein.
• Corpsvets, “Simple Gifts”, featuring compositions by: Paul Winter, Aaron Copland, Alfred
Newman and Appalachian folk music.
• Empire Statesmen, “Our Way”, My Way by Paul Anka, “West Side Story” by Leonard
Bernstein, including: Mambo, Tonight and The Rumble, and Patriotic Medley.
• Frontier, “There and Back Again”, Ride by Sam Hazo, I’ll Be Seeing You by Irving Kahal and
Sammy Fain, Caravan by Juan Tizol, Living in the Past by Jethro Tull and Scootin’ on Hard
Rock by David Holsinger.
• Fusion, “Momentum”, Kinetic Energy by Chris Kilian and Jeff Beal, Fracture Speak by Jeff
Beal, Today is a Gift by Sam Hazo and Ride by Sam Hazo.
• Govenaires, TBA.
• Gulf Coast Sound, “Classic Rock Volume II”, Hell’s Bells by AC/DC, Barracuda by Heart,
Open Arms by Journey and Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group.
• Hawthorne Caballeros, “Sketches of Spain”, Spain by Chick Corea, Spanish Fantasy by
Chick Corea, My Spanish Heart by Chick Corea and Malagueña by Lecuona Ernesto.
• Kilties, “Renaissance”, Terpsichore by Bob Margolis.
• Lakeshoremen, TBA.
• Minnesota Brass, Inc., “Obsessions”, Nutville by Horace Silver, Oblivion by Astor Piazolla,
Wrapped Around Your Finger by The Police and Night Streets by Chick Corea.
• Music City Legend, TBA.
• Reading Buccaneers, “The Pursuit of Joy”, Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel, Abram’s Pursuit
by David Holsinger, Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini and Symphony #9 (Ode to Joy) by
Ludwig van Beethoven.
• Rochester Crusaders, Cathedral Chorus from “Russian Christmas Music” by Alfred Reed,
Gliding Dance of the Maidens from “Prince Igor” by Alexander Borodin, “Pictures at an
Exhibition” by Modest Mussorgsky including: Great Gate of Kiev, Hut of Baba Yaga and
Great Gate Theme.
• San Francisco Renegades, “Dark City: Every Night at Midnight, Reality Changes”, Prologue
to Evil by Key Poulan, Metamorphasis by F. Kafka, Space Shuttle by John La Barbera, Dogs
in the Kitchen from “Resident Evil” by Charlie Clouser, Mona Lisa Overdrive by Buck-Trick,
Dust in the Wind by Kansas and Predator by Alan Silvestri.
• SoCal Dream, TBA.
• Sunrisers, “The Quest”, “Man of La Mancha” by Mitch Leigh, including: I Am, I Am Don
Quixote, Dulcinea, To Each His Dulcinea, Knight of the Mirrors, Fanfare/Aldonza and The
• White Sabers, selections by Robert W. Smith including: The Great Locomotive Chase,
Twelve Seconds to the Moon, Into the Storm, Africa: Ceremony, Song & Ritual and The
Ascension & Declaration in Blue.