Steve Vickers, DCW Publisher
To ensure more complete coverage of the 2005 worldwide drum and bugle corps season, DCW Publisher Steve Vickers is seeking additional writers interested in submitting show reviews from junior, senior and alumni events.
The newspaper already has a staff of approximately 80 writers and photographers, but sometimes no one on the current staff is planning to attend specific shows that need to be covered. Assignments are made based on each staff member notifying me of shows they plan to attend already. No one is asked to travel to a show they didn’t plan to see.
Interested individuals who live in the following areas are asked to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 1-800-554-9630 (8:00 AM and 9:00 PM Central time) between now and June 6 for more details . . .
* New England states (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island)
* Mid-Atlantic states (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland)
* Southern states (North and South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi)
* Midwestern states (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas)
* Rocky Mountain states (Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah)
* Western states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada)
* Canada (Ontario/Quebec)
* Far East (Japan, Indonesia, Korea)
* United Kingdom
* Europe (Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany)
No formal journalism background is required. Reviews of assigned shows are submitted via e-mail (as an attached Microsoft Word document preferably) within 36 hours of each event. Most assignments each summer are for only one or two articles per staff member.
Help me continue to provide a strong cross-section of coverage for the groups that are still active in the activity!