The upcoming season promises to be full of exciting and competitive events for both the junior and senior segments of the drum and bugle corps activity worldwide. While the final schedules aren’t ready for any of the circuits, the following dates are firm for Drum Corps International, Drum Corps Associates and Drum Corps Midwest and several of the foreign association’s major competitions and events:
* June 26 (Saturday) in Louisville, KY — DCI’s second-year show, eight or more corps, at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
* July 10 (Saturday) in San Antonio, TX, an earlier-than-usual date for the DCI Southwestern Regional (Alamo Dome).
* July 10 (Saturday) in De Kalb, IL, the 26th annual Drum Corps Midwest Championships (Northern Illinois University Huskie Stadium), featuring seven division III corps, four senior corps, one division I corps, plus an exhibition by the Chicago Royal Airs.
* July 16-17 (Friday and Saturday) in Orlando, FL, with the full division I line-up split over two nights (site to be announced).
* July 23-24 (Friday and Saturday) in Allentown, PA, the DCI Eastern Regional (J. Birney Crum Stadium), with the full division I line-up split over two nights.
* July 21-25 (Wednesday through Sunday) in Bournemouth, United Kingdom, The 2004 World Show Band Championships Festival of Music featuring drum and bugle corps and marching bands from all over the world (site to be announced).
* July 30 (Friday) in Murfreesboro, TN, the annual Masters of the SUMMER MUSIC GAMES show with the top eight division I units.
* July 31 (Saturday) in Indianapolis, IN, (RCA Dome), the DCI Midwestern Regional, a noon and and evening competition.
* August 3-7 (Tuesday through Saturday) in Denver, CO, the 32nd annual Drum Corps International Championships for division I (INVESTCO FIELD at Mile High), II and III corps (at a high school site to be announced).
* August 9-14 (Tuesday through Saturday) in California, two southern and two northern shows and clinics featuring DCI’s six still-active champions in a Tour of Champions — Blue Devils, Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, Santa
Clara Vanguard, The Cadets and The Cavaliers (exact dates and sites to be announced).
* September 3-5 (Friday through Saturday) in Scranton, PA, the 40th annual Drum Corps Associates World Championships (Lackawanna County Stadium).
* September 18 (Saturday) in Mannheim, Germany, Drum Corps Deutschland Championships (site to be announced).
* September 25 (Saturday), in The Hague, Netherlands, Drum Corps Europe Championships (Zuiderpark Stadium).
For more information on these and regular season shows, go to the following Web sites —
www.dci.org (Drum Corps International)
www.dcacorps.org (Drum Corps Associates)
www.drumcorps.org.uk/ (Drum Corps Europe)
www.dcid.de (Drum Corps Germany)
www.drumcorpsmidwest.org (Drum Corps Midwest)
Most of the circuits have not finalized dates and locations for regular shows during the season. As soon as they are available, we will report them in Drum Corps World and on the DCW Web site.