* Through a special arrangement with the Troopers -- and with the permission of Drum Corps International -- we are pleased to bring you performances of eight of the 12 finalists from the 1972 DCI title evening in Whitewater, WI, and a performance of the Troopers from the 1971 World Open in Lynn, MA, plus a short documentary on how these tapes have been restored. The original reel-to-reel videotapes were filmed by Troopers Director Jim Jones, in part as a teaching tool for his members. These tapes have been in storage since the 1970s and have now been tranferred and restored by Scott Gordon, a drum corps fan and video/film technician from California. The total collection includes material between the 1970 and 1978 seasons, including performances that no one has seen in decades.
* The picture and sound qualtiy of these nine performances is excellent.
* Please allow up to six weeks for delivery. These sets are made up one at a time.
1972 DCI Championships $6.00 shipping/handling $106.00 to a U.S. address
1972 DCI Championships $10.00 shipping/handling $110.00 to a Canadian address
1972 DCI Championships $14.00 shipping/handling $114.00 to a foreign address
This two-DVD set of nine performances from the 1972 Drum Corps International Championships has not been seen in nearly 37 years and never before available to the public. The original reel-to-reel Sony videotapes have been preserved and remastered to produce this unique rememberance of a great season in junior corps history at one of the greatest shows that summer.
Here is what the two discs include . . .
Full black and white performances of the following corps:
* Anaheim Kingsmen -- Anaheim, CA -- The 1972 DCI Champion
* First Federal Blue Stars -- La Crosse, WI -- Second place
* Santa Clara Vanguard -- Santa Clara, CA -- Third place
* 27th Lancers -- Revere, MA -- Fourth place
* Argonne Rebels -- Great Bend, KS -- Fifth place
* Kilties -- Racine, WI -- Eighth place
* St. Andrew’s Bridgemen -- Bayonne, NJ -- Eleventh place
* Bleu Raeders -- New Orleans, LA -- Twelfth place
* Plus a bonus track of the 1971 Troopers at the World Open
* A short documentary titled “Preparing and Restoring the Troopers Historic Video Library"